I've got bad credit. But I want to fix it.

I know for a fact that I'm not alone. There are millions of Americans who are in the same boat as I am and who want to change their credit standing. Maybe that's how you found my blog.

So lately I've been searching and searching the web for information on credit repair. And there is tons of info, everything from credit repair firms to "do it yourself" credit repair kits entice a "credit leper" like me.

But, honestly, I don't have the $500 to $2000 to hire someone to fix my credit for me. I don't have much free time either to write a million letters to the credit bureaus and sit around and wait for their replies.

But of these two options, the latter is almost free, so I'd rather go with that. I know it's gonna take some time, but it's worth a shot. So I'm gonna roll up my sleeves, get a little dirty, and hit this sucker head on. I have to.

I've been married for almost 4 years now, I am the sole bread winner, and it can get a little tough when I can't even qualify to finance a stick of gum. The only company that had approved us for financing was The Mattress Firm when we decided to buy a TempurPedic bed last September. We paid that off about two months ago, so I hope that helped my credit rating.

I really don't want more credit. I try to pay cash for everything. If I can't pay cash for something, than I really can't afford it.

So why do I want to fix my credit?

It's a personal pride thing. I don't want to owe anyone anything. And I hate it how companies look down on people who have gone through difficult times, or made stupid decisions, and messed up their credit. I made stupid decisions.

I hope this works. I can't promise that I'll do something everyday. But I'll try to update this blog with the steps that I take so that maybe I can help someone else who is in my shoes.

First, thing I have to do though is take a look at my credit reports and scores so I know what my starting point is.

OK...here I go. Bye.